News, News, News!

Okay, I've been away.  But although I haven't been as active in the blogger world I have been very busy everywhere else.  Besides the demands of everyday life, I've been up to these things:


Re-taking pictures:  If you sell on Etsy you are really never done.  Competition is steap so you need to keep challenging youself to do better.  Unconfirmed but I read in the forum that 1000 stores open everyday on Etsy.  OMG!!  That is a lot.  This stagering statistic led me to my next paragrah.


More products: Yes, more products.  It widely suggested that to be sucessful on Etsy you need at least 100 items.  As it stands right now we are at 38.   Now to post something on Etsy you need to do a lot of work besides making the product you need to do the write-up and the photograhy as well.  Needless to say to get up to 100 it is going to take a lot of work.


Here is my lastest teether.  I love it!  Hopefully others will too!
  
Models in pictures: Now as the debate rages on as to whether models actually help,   I've been trying to get the girls in product shots.  And I got to tell you, I thought product photography was hard...it is a whole other ballgame when you add children into the mix.  (I'll post some of my epic flops in a following post).  Despite the crawling towards me, trying to hit my camera and improptu peek-a-boo I think I got a couple good ones.  They are actually hams with getting their pictures taken.






Facebook:  I swore against it ..but it dragged me back.  The day I canceled it..what appeares on the first page when typing engravers in Ottawa but my facebook page.  I'm not really a fan of facebook, but then I never was really ever ..but I need all the help I can get in terms of SEO and getting found so back at it. 


Teams: I've been participating in teams again.  It's a good way to get your product seen.  But I need to make some treasuries.  I'll post some that I make soon.

Comments

  1. I am in the process of redoing my photos too, as well as making more products. Really want someone to model for me but haven't found any takers yet.

    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts